Anyone who wishes to exercise a healthcare profession in a European country with a Belgian diploma, requires an equivalency certificate or a certificate of conformity. With this you demonstrate that your training meets the European guidelines for that profession. Request this from the Agency for Care and Health. This applies to the following professions:
- Doctors: General Practitioners and specialist Physicians
- General Dentists and specialist Dentists
- Nurses, including the professional titles and competencies (specialisations) that they can acquire
- Patient care assistants
- Paramedical professions: pharmaceutical-technical assistants, dieticians, occupational therapists, speech therapists, audiologists and hearing care professionals, orthoptists, medical laboratory technologists, medical imaging technicians
How to apply?
Complete this form and send it to the Agency for Care and Health, Department of Information and Care Professions, Koning Albert II-laan 35 box 33, 1030 Brussels.
Attach to the form:
- A copy (front and reverse) of the identity card or passport
- A copy of your diplomas, references, ministerial decision or other evidence of your professional training.
- Only for midwives: a copy of the certificates of successful completion of all years of study of the training to midwife and possibly a copy of the diploma or the certificate of successful completion of the studies for obtaining the diploma of graduate nurse or of Bachelor in nursing.
Requesting a certificate of good professional behaviour (CCPS certificate)
Do you need a certificate of good professional behaviour (also known as a certificate of ´good standing´ or CCPS certificate)? You can request this from: